What is massage therapy?
If you are not familiar, massage therapy is a unique, hands-on treatment which manipulates muscles, tendons and fascia, with the goal of enhancing your health, emotional state and overall well-being.
Registered massage therapists go through extensive education including a 2 year diploma program. Upon completion, registered massage therapists offer a variety of massage therapy treatments which most often are covered under third-party private insurance (example: Blue Cross, Great West Life, etc.).
massage therapy techniques
Services offered by massage therapists include (but are not limited to):
1) Swedish Massage – Characterized by gentle, yet firm pressure, Swedish massage is used to relax the body, reduce muscle tension and gradually break up knots or adhesions within the muscles.
2) Deep Tissue Massage – Deep tissue massage focuses on treating the deeper layers of muscles within the body. This form of massage is especially effective for treating muscular tension, repetitive strain injuries (carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, etc) and trigger points.
3) Sports/Performance Massage – Sport or performance massage is a deeper, yet stimulating massage. It is effectively applied the day of an event or competition to enhance performance. Benefits include an effective preparation and reduced recovery time following the event.
4) Pre/Post Natal Massage – Are you experiencing pain, swelling, headaches, or stress during your pregnancy? If so, massage therapy can benefit you at any trimester of pregnancy.
5) Couples Massage – Connect with your partner on a whole different level through the fun and therapeutic art of a couples massage.
Is massage therapy right for you?
You don’t have to be an athlete or have an injury to benefit from massage therapy. There are tremendous benefits from regular massage therapy including:
- Reduce Muscle Tension
- Reduce Stress/Anxiety
- Decrease Swelling
- Improve Circulation
- Improve Joint Mobility
Research has found massage therapy beneficial when treating the following:
- Muscle and Joint Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Arthritic Pain
- Neck/Back Pain
- Hip Pain and Hip Impingement
- TMJ – Jaw/Facial Pain
- Piriformis Syndrome – Sciatica
- Foot injuries – Achilles – Plantar Fasciitis
- Shoulder and Rotator Cuff pain
Whether you crave a moment of relaxation, or a break from everyday tension/stress, massage therapy offers tremendous benefits.
how much will the massage cost?
Massage therapy prices vary depending on the length of the appointment (30, 60, or 90 minutes), the technique used and the experience of the massage therapist. We suggest that you ask each clinic when booking the appointment.
Where do I signup?
Every day massage therapists have last minute openings in their schedule. Fresh Lists is happy to offer a variety of massage therapy appointments that fit your schedule.
Need a massage soon? Find massage therapy appointments close to you.
Have a question? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The best way to fix a problem is to fix it before it’s a problem”
DR. JEREMY HAMMOND